Friday, November 12, 2010

My new sewing machine ;)


I boogied out to Belgrade at lunch on Monday and picked up my new Necchi sewing machine after my trusty Singer took a nosedive on Sunday.  It took me a little bit to get used to it, but it works like a dream!  This baby sews through TEN layers of denim!!   This machine has all the bells and whistles on it.  I really like the double stitch feature and all of the decorative stitching patterns.  It's super heavy duty metal instead of a plastic casing, this baby is made to last.  I picked this machine out in August when I picked my Singer up from getting serviced.  I got to sit down and play with several machines and this was the one that I felt would work the best for me.  The shop owner had told me I was a lucky girl because the machine was on sale for $329 and I could even put it on layaway to fit my budget needs.  That was all I needed to hear, where do I sign!!  I was impressed that I could get such a good quality machine for that price.  Funny thing is I didn't even do any research on this machine when I got home and other than making monthly payments on it, I really kinda put it out of my mind for a while.


Fast forward to this morning when I was trying to find a picture of it to post here, I just about dropped out of my chair when I found out the suggested MSRP.....    $799.....   I am a liitle in shock that I got a brand new, out of the box machine for less than half of MSRP!!  I almost feel guilty!  But seriously, the machine is amazing and I whipped through two more bags on Monday night and got four more done Tuesday night and two more on Wednesday night!  I took last night off from sewing...  I could barely keep my eyes open :(  I am fast approaching my new revised goal of 60 booty bags by show time in a little over two weeks.  I have almost every minute of my days and nights scheduled to be able to hit my goal.  No goofing off for me!

Have a great day everyone ;)

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment