Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness...

So we all know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so I want to take a minute to talk about something a little near and dear to me.  I have people in my family affected by this disease and although it is one of the more curable cancers, it can be very devastating...  My Aunt JoAnn suffered from this disease many years ago and ended up with a double masectomy.  My great grandmother on my Mom's side passed away from breast cancer.  I myself had a little scare two years ago and although they watch the lump in my breast carefully for changes, I feel as if I have a ticking time bomb in my chest...

I feel it's so important for women (and men) to be educated about breast cancer and show their support for the women, men and families that have endured or conquered this disease.  My wonderful and amazing, friend Brandi has put together a Breast Cancer Awareness Night at the Homewood Suites here in Bozeman on Friday the 29th from 7:00 to 9:00.  She has local vendors involved (myself included) and some great giveaways for the guests.  Homewood Suites by Hilton has donated a “Girls” Weekend package for two to be raffled off as well as Bridger Crossfit has also donated gift certificates for FREE one month memberships.

She has also arranged for some fun treats for us to nosh on through the night.  So come on out, shop, support, enter and win some of those great prizes!

Eclectique Butterfly will be pledging 20% of sales to our local Cancer Support Community and I will be donating a special totebag for one of the prizes that night.  I hope to see everyone from the Bozeman community come out Friday night and show your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment